Turning Weaknesses into Strengths
- When playing cash, changing tables will give you an opportunity to gain a very important edge
- In either cash or a tournament, identify those who aren't paying attention and attack them. As Daniel Negranu said in his MasterClass, "you can't be all loosey-goosey and play poker effectively".
- Focus on what you do well and learn how to improve the areas you identify as your weaknesses thru hand histories and 1-on-1 coaching.
How to bring your A game consistently
- Focus on the present. Learn to block out distractions
- Focus on playing the next hand better. This is where hand histories and good coaches come in
- Focus on making the best possible decisions at each step of a hand.
- Free yourself from wishful thinking
- Focus on this mantra: "next hand. Next decision."
- Quit beating yourself up over mistakes. You will make tons of them. Learning nothing from them is the BIGGEST mistake of all